Prevention matters. Our work focuses on preventing abuse before it happens.
We estimate that child abuse and neglect costs South Carolina approximately $1 billion dollars annually, in direct and indirect expenses. We also know the devastating, long-term negative effects of child abuse can have on individuals.
Children’s Trust is home to Prevent Child Abuse South Carolina. Through this national partnership with Prevent Child Abuse America, we take advantage of national resources and relationships that allow us to learn and grow from best practices in other states.
To strengthen child abuse prevention efforts across South Carolina, we offer qualifying organizations serving in local communities the opportunity to be a Prevention Partner of Prevent Child Abuse South Carolina (PCA SC). Participation gives organizations the opportunity to connect to statewide prevention efforts, use focused, unified messaging for Child Abuse Prevention month, be part of the statewide voice advocating for prevention, share learning and have access to prevention resources and materials.
Prevention Partners provide a strong-visible presence for preventing child abuse and neglect and they ensure that comprehensive, community-based prevention efforts are at work in South Carolina. Submit application to Michael Shirley at email@example.com.
2016 Prevention Partners
- Bob Jones University, Early Childhood Department - Greenville
- Carolina Health Centers - Greenwood
- The Child Abuse Prevention Association - Beaufort
- A Child’s Haven, Inc. - Greenville
- Dorchester Children’s Cente - Summerville
- Durant Children’s Center - Florence
- FamilyCorps - North Charleston
- Gilmore Prep Academy - Greer
- Greenville County First Steps - Greenville
- Growing Home Southeast, Incc - Cayce
- Hope Center for Children - Spartanburg
- Hope Haven of the Lowcountry, Inc. - Beaufort
- Julie Valentine Center - Greenville
- The Parenting Place - Easley
- Pickens County First Steps - Central
- SCAEYC - Union
- Small Impressions Child Development Center - Taylors
- Spartanburg County First Steps - Spartanburg
- YouthBase - Greenville
Pinwheels for prevention
Pinwheels are a symbol of great childhoods, something every child in South Carolina deserves. The Pinwheels for Prevention® campaign provides a unique opportunity for all of us, individuals and organizations alike, to take action by learning more about prevention, supporting child and family friendly policies and services, and volunteering at the local, state, and national levels. Learn more about Pinwheels for Prevention in South Carolina.
Connect the Dots
Building a movement for children and families
Connect the Dots, formerly National Movement for America’s Children, is a fast-growing grassroots initiative to develop and promote a variety of actions that can be taken by individuals, groups, and organizations, communities, and policymakers to transform the culture of how children and families are supported in our society.
Their website seeks to bring together all of the people and organizations who want to make a difference for children and families. Learn more.