“On the Safe Side” Safety Series Art Contest
1. Eligibility: For this art contest, all South Carolina private and public elementary school students, Kindergarten — 5th Grade were eligible to participate. Finalists were selected in each safety category by contest administrators based on relevancy and safety criteria.
2. Submission Information: Student artwork was invited and required to be submitted by public and private school staff to Safe Kids South Carolina.
3. Submission Period: The submission period began Monday, October 7, 2011 through Friday, January 13, 2012.
4. Selection Process: One (1) winner will be selected from each of the twelve safety categories based on the number of votes from the Facebook community. Twelve (12) student artwork submissions will be selected to represent a month’s safety area.
5. Voting Period: Finalists will be eligible for voting from March 1 through March 30. The submission in each months risk area with the most “Likes” will be pronounced the winner of the competition.
6. Prizes: The twelve (12) winners of the student artwork competition will be recognized on a month’s poster with their picture and distributed all over the state. Over 560,000 copies of the safety series will be distributed in the 2012-2013 academic school year. Additionally, the twelve winners will be honored in their community with a Safe Kids Coordinator. Each of the student art winners will receive a special certificate and a gift bag full of goodies and the student winner’s school will be named a Safe Kids South Carolina Ambassador School and receive a Safe Kids South Carolina banner.
7. Notification: School staff who submitted the student artwork will be notified by email and will be required to sign and return, a photo release form.
8. License/Usage: By entering the student artwork competition, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these official rules and student artwork will not be returned.
9. Release. By participating, entrants and winners and Facebook voters agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, its advertising and promotion agencies and Competition partners, and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Competition, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Competition-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Neither Sponsors nor its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions nor related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as a result of this Competition or receipt of prize. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Competition in any way, may be disqualified.
Safe Kids South Carolina led by the Children’s Trust of South Carolina
1634 Main St., Suite 100
Columbia, SC 29201
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
Mail Code AX-220
Columbia, SC 29219