Director of Policy and Advocacy
Children’s Trust of South Carolina is seeking a full-time Directory of Policy and Advocacy. The Director of Policy and Advocacy will serve as the primary public policy advisor on data, demographics and economic issues to the Chief Executive Officer. The Director of Policy will work with policy makers, community groups, coalitions and organizations to expand our network of members and grassroots advocates to achieve legislative wins for South Carolina’s children. Under general supervision, will lead the organization’s legislative agenda and policy initiatives which will further Children’s Trust of South Carolina’s mission to strengthen and support public and private prevention efforts to keep South Carolina’s children safe.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Social Work, Political Science or related field; Graduate degree or relevant experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience required with a preference for five years of successful experience in direct policy work or policy research.
- Advanced knowledge of legislative process, social structures and human service issues affecting children are necessary.
- Travel throughout South Carolina on a regular basis and nationally as needed. Have strong computer literacy; proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite; utilize Trello for project management activities.
How to apply
Email cover letter and resume by Oct 27 to email@example.com, subject line Director of Policy and Advocacy or mail to P.O. Box 11644, Columbia, SC 29211.
Children’s Trust of South Carolina is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant will provide financial support to accounting processes through data entry of accounts receivable and accounts payable and preparing payments to vendors.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles; have knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Excel at details, manage and organize multiple projects, work independently, and set priorities.
- Have strong computer literacy and ability to learn accounting and project management software; proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite.
Email over letter and resume by Oct 27 to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Staff Accountant or mail to P.O. Box 11644, Columbia, SC 29211.
Children’s Trust of South Carolina is seeking a full-time program assistant. The program assistant fulfills administrative needs for programming with emphasis on prevention training, Safe Kids, and Triple P support. Duties may include coordination of meetings, follow-through with program sub-recipients, and maintenance of program timelines.
- Minimum two-year office administrative support experience is preferred; some college preferred.
- Excel at details, multi-task, work independently and set priorities.
- Work well in team environment being assertive and persuasive as necessary. Manage light to moderate carrying and lifting of items.
- This is a grant funded position and subject to change based on funding requirements.
Email over letter and resume by Nov. 3 to email@example.com, subject line Program Assistant or mail to P.O. Box 11644, Columbia, SC 29211.
Children’s Trust of South Carolina is the only statewide organization focused on the prevention of child abuse, neglect and injury. The organization trains and educates professionals who work directly with families and also funds, supports and monitors proven prevention programs. Children’s Trust is the voice for South Carolina’s children and advocates for strong, well-founded policies that positively impact child well-being. Children’s Trust is home to Prevent Child Abuse South Carolina, KIDS COUNT South Carolina and Safe Kids South Carolina.