The one-day conference on Tuesday, October 3, 2017 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., will feature speakers and trainers on the most up-to-date information regarding safety regulations, manufacturers update and equipment training. This training will offer continuing education units so that child passenger safety technicians can maintain their certification and continue serving thousands of families through car seat safety.
Jones Bowen Awards
In honor of Safe Kids Aiken Coordinator Jones Bowen for his years of service to child passenger safety and injury prevention, child passenger safety technicians are asked to nominate fellow technicians and instructors for their outstanding work. Nominations are accepted and awards are made for the following categories.
- Child Passenger Safety Technician/Instructor of the Year
- Fitting Station of the Year
- Documented Save of the Year
- Firefighter Technician of the Year
- Law Enforcement Technician of the Year
- Health Care Professional Technician of the Year
Deadline is September 5.