Darkness to Light: Stewards of Children
Stewards of Children is the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. The Darkness to Light programs raise awareness of the prevalence and consequences of child sexual abuse by educating adults about the steps they can take to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to the reality of child sexual abuse.
Who is this for?
This is not just for prevention professionals. Stewards of Children is for any responsible adult who cares about the protection of children such as parents, grandparents, caregivers, teachers, and adults who work in youth serving organizations. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations (sports leagues, day care centers, after school programs, childrenÙs clubs, church groups and more).
What topics are covered?
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse.
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur.
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse.
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults.
- The signs of sexual abuse so you that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly.
What outcomes can I expect?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse.
- New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Proactive, positive input to change organizational policies and procedures.
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan.
Where can I attend?
We are holding these throughout the year at multiple cities in South Carolina and it only typically takes about 2.5 - 3 hours. Think about it – in just 2.5 hours, youÙll have the information you need to better protect every child you know. Below is a complete list of dates. There is a 30 seat limit and the cost is only $13 per person for the Training Handbook and materials.