Held the third Thursday of every month from 10:00-11:30 a.m., Learning Thursdays raise awareness of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and protective factors, including positive childhood experiences, that help to address ACEs.
Protective Factors serve as buffers that help parents find resources, identify supports and develop coping strategies so they can parent more effectively, even under stress. Protective factor sessions address how to build resilience and empower action in your community. Over the next year, the Learning Thursday sessions will cover each of the five protective factors in detail starting with an overview and introduction to protective factors. Attending all sessions is not required. All protective factor dates and topics are shared below and in the linked flyer if you are interested in attending all six sessions. Trainers for the first session are Dana Powell and Michael Shirley.
- Protective Factors Overview – February 17
- Build Resilience Through Learning Skills – April 21
- Grow Positive Outcomes Through Individual Development – June 16
- Support Children and Families Through Positive Relationships – August 18
- Create Positive Environments for Social-Emotional Well-being – October 20
- Share Resources to Meet Basic Needs – December 15
Deadline to register is Feb. 16.